Honda will be asking owners of certain 2018-2020 Accord, 2018-2020 Accord Hybrid and 2019-2020 Insight vehicles, to return to their dealerships to repair a problem that could affect various electrical systems in their vehicles.
According to the defect report, a software programming error combined with certain driver actions could disrupt the communication between the body control module (BCM) and other systems. The problem could result in illumination of several warning indicators and the malfunction of one or more electronic components. The affected components include:
- Windshield defrosting and defogging.
- Windshield wiping and washing.
- Headlights and turning indicators.
- Rear view camera display.
- Warnings for electrolyte spillage and electrical shock protection on electric powered vehicles.
- Audible warning of a stopped vehicle and placing it into park.
- Powered windows, partition and roof panels.
Owners receiving notices will be asked to return to their dealerships to have the BCM software updated. Honda’s number for this recall is X95 and the NHTSA campaign number is 20V-771.